NEW COMPASSION CENTRE
A few photos from our new compassion centre at 2a Church Square TA1 1SA. We hope to keep you updated with progress as it unfolds, both here and through social media. Updated 15 December.
We believe Taunton Vineyard exists to make a difference in our local area by serving generously and abundantly, and connecting with people to see lives transformed not only spiritually, but physically, emotionally, socially and psychologically. We want to make a difference by practically demonstrating God’s love and acceptance to everyone, no strings attached, whatever their background, circumstances or religion because we believe that God is compassionate and cares deeply about our communities and our town. One of the particular ways we express this is through our service to the poor and the stranger. We have a range of compassion ministries which do one-off serving events, provide regular spaces to meet, and a range of ongoing support.
- Chamberlains is our ministry to the homeless in Taunton. We undertake regular ‘food runs’ throughout the week, and offer a chance to talk and pray, as well as a meal.
- Our CAP debt centre, through partnership with Christians Against Poverty nationally, offers ongoing support in releasing local people from the bondage of debt.
- As part of CAP and in conjunction with North Street Church we are running a Lighthouse Cafe one morning a week. Our vision is to provide a place for people to gather for fellowship but also to provide a place that people can come in and encounter Jesus.
- RAISE is our compassion ministry working in partnership with Taunton Deane Borough Council which supports tenants at risk of eviction in the area in a variety of ways.
- CHARIS is a charitable partnership between Taunton Vineyard and two other churches in the Deane, which, through the community sponsorship model, seeks to resettle Syrian refugees in the area.
- MakeLunch is a partnership between Taunton Vineyard and another church in the town which, under the umbrella of the national charity, provides hot meals for children in the North Taunton area during the school holidays.
A week of serving projects in the North Taunton area, in partnership with churches and other organisations in the area took place between 9th and 16th July. Below is a small selection of photos from the week.