We recognise that accessing and integrating into community life looks different for different people but we want to make this as easy as possible for you should you choose to make Taunton Vineyard your home. On the Newcomers page you can find out how this might look for you initially. We do also, however, recommend 4 other key things you can do to engage in the life of the church most effectively:
- Attend on Sundays. We believe that coming together as a church on Sunday to worship together is both biblical and incredibly important. We believe that we are both ‘scattered servants’ during the week in different ways, yet also ‘gathered saints’ on a Sunday. Sundays are also vital in keeping connected with the whole body and receiving vision, teaching, encouragement and blessing (in order to give it away to our communities).
- Join a small group. This is where you can both get to know others and allow them to get to know you. It is the place to be open, accountable, trained and supported as you serve, as well as a place to have fun! It’s also the primary place where you can be nurtured and best supported.
- Give. The issue here isn’t that we want your money - we want people to be committed disciples of Jesus and giving is an important element of this. Whatever we give (be it time, energy or money) God honours it and is grateful for it. We believe that giving (a) is part of being a follower of God, (b) releases blessing and freedom to the giver and also to the church, (c) indicates and strengthens our commitment to the local church, and (d) enables the church to function. To find out how to give regularly go to our giving page.
- Serve. Serving is a blessing, a privilege and a vital part of growing as a follower of Jesus. It also helps you get connected in relationship to others and is a great context to learn about the Kingdom of God, discover and exercise your gifts and to teach others to do the same. You grow as you go, and you get as you give!
Our small groups run over three terms, and include four different types:
- General (more traditional small groups involving worship, Word, prayer and fellowship).
- Topic (more course based groups involving training and discussion on particular topics).
- Interest (small groups covering a range of shared activities such as sports, crafts, and other pursuits).
- Life Stage (small groups for specific age groups and genders).
Details of our Autumn groups can be found below with sign up and start dates. Please note that general groups run for the whole year, whereas other groups just run for the term.