At Taunton Vineyard, we believe children are important and valued people in the Kingdom of God. Our children’s groups are fun and exciting places for the children and team to be. Groups run for pre-school and primary school children (ages 0-11) from around 10.40am (after a short time of family worship within main church) until the end of the service at around 12pm. In their groups, children can play, make friends and learn about Jesus with teaching designed to best meet their needs and learning style. During group times, we also want to encourage the children to meet with God, to listen and to respond to what He is saying through His Holy Spirit. We therefore make space for worship, space for prayer and space to be quiet.
Our children’s groups are currently split as follows:
- Emerge – ages 0-3 years
- Explore – ages 3-5 years
- Engage – school years 1-3
- Encounter – school years 4-6
We are passionate about seeing young people grow in a faith that sticks. We believe that the best way to do this is through relationships which are built by spending valuable time together. There are a number of opportunities to gather
- Sunday mornings during our Forge gathering (for school years 7-11) for fun, prayer, worship and delving into God’s Word together.
This runs alongside the main service.
- Friday evening youth small group (for school years 9-11) following our general small group format of worship, word and prayer.
- Various social events throughout the year.
- Our annual residential visit to Soul Survivor.
We believe that Taunton Vineyard has something for all our youth.
Soul Survivor 2017